Thursday, August 19, 2021

I'm late, I'm late...


"Oh my fur and whiskers! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!" "I'm late, I'm late! For a very important date! No time to say 'hello, goodbye,' I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!"

These may be the words of Alice's White Rabbit, but I'm going to borrow them, just for now...

Zanzibar (and I) have been hit hard by the covid-19 pandemic chaos - as have many...

2020 is a blur of worries and fears with a few glimmers of light...2021 has not improved the situation...Nothing has really changed...But still we keep walking...and walking...

Zanzibar too abandoned all thought of travelling afar...He hated to think he could be a silent transmitter of this deadly virus...

So he resorted to doing something he never expected to do...His new adventures took the form of connecting with Twitter and seeing the world through others...how they lived in their own little world...

He saw people facing fire and floods, seeking refuge from vicious regimes...But he also saw people offering the wonder of their pets, scenic countrysides and funny anecdotes...These people tried so hard to lift the spirit of others...He admired that...

He also knew this writer lost her little furball Shadow recently...He knew how hard that was for her...her last companion...But he knew love never fades...He knew he must step up...

And so it was, he watched over this writer...encouraging her to offer the light of distractions, interesting discoveries and, of course, there had to be some poetry in there... The creative impulse helps to nourish a healthy spirit...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAY

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...